Already Changing Things Up - Weekly Assignments

Friday, August 19, 2016


We haven't even officially started homeschooling yet and I'm already switching things up a bit. I am told that this is alright...so I'm going with that!  ;)

Originally I had thought that I would go this route for sharing Z's weekly assignments with her but when I got started in on actually trying to implement that plan, I discovered I would be using a ton of post-it-notes and would have to write pretty tiny on them to fit all our plans on them and they would lose their stickiness and I just didn't like it. So...we're trying this instead...

I got binder dividers that have pockets and labeled each one with  a day of the week and added one at the end for Misc. for additional long-term assignments, projects, etc. I then printed off some assignment planner sheets that I found online (I pinned them to my School & Learning Pinterest album if you're interested) and stuck one in front of each day divider.


In the pockets of each day divider I'll put in any worksheets or other loose papers Z may need for that day's work so that she can keep track of everything.



I think this plan is going to work out for us both! My goal will be to fill up her weekly assignment binder every Sunday so that she's ready to go on Monday for the whole week. She likes that she will know what's coming up so she can plan her days accordingly and I like that she will have to manage her time and that I will be able to keep all of her planner sheets for the year showing what it is that she's done throughout the week, we'll just need to remember to date them!


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!