Our First Poetry Tea!

Thursday, October 13, 2016


Feeling inspired to implement the Brave Writer philosophy and practices into our homeschooling routine...we're starting slowly to navigate these waters. Yesterday marked our first Poetry Teatime and it was absolutely lovely! 

It was a cold and dreary day, perfect for putting on a kettle of hot water for tea and to enjoy some baked treats along with some poetry reading with my girl. 


We made it special by getting out a tablecloth, some pretty teacups and teapot (that belonged to my grandmother). We lit a candle and set out some other little pretties about to make our table complete.






We LOVED our first poetry teatime! I know that we'll be looking forward to this weekly happening now for sure. For some reason I was nervous initially to take this on...having done it yesterday though and it being a success, I can't wait for our next poetry tea! I'm already thinking ahead about having some themed ones relating to holidays or specific poets, etc. 

Just another reason to love homeschooling!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!