Meet Mr. Bones

Wednesday, October 5, 2016


For science this week Zoey also put together a skeleton we have lovingly given the name Mr. Bones to...we've decided he'll be perfect Halloween decor too! After putting him all together she wrote the names of the bones on him and we have him on display in the school room for now.


 Zoey was impressed with his size.




She also put together a simple mobile showing the carpals, metacarpals and phalanges in the hands and the tarsals, metatarsals and phalanges in the feet.



To say that we are LOVING Guest Hollow's anatomy curriculum so far would be an understatement! It's really engaging in all the right ways. Surprisingly to me, she is also enjoying reading the book Blood, Bones, and Body Bits. I had originally shared with her that she could skip it if she wanted because to my quick perusal, it looked a bit over the top silly to me...but, she loves it and now that I've looked more closely at it, I have to say it is pretty cool after all.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!