Homeschooling Perk!

Thursday, August 20, 2020


I just had to share this, the other day I came home from work and Zoey had a tray of homemade vegan samoas (the caramel was made using dates, maple syrup, and coconut oil) and savory dinner pancakes with sauteed spinach, mushrooms, and marinara. This was after a full day of school too! So she was a busy girl. 
She has actually been cooking and baking the entire summer, all on her own I might add! She'll find recipes that she wants to try out and then write up a list of ingredients for me. I'll get the ingredients when I normally grocery shop and then she has what she needs throughout the week. She even does the dishes! 


I know without a doubt that her new interest in cooking can be attributed to last year's Chemistry in the Kitchen class. She learned so incredibly much from taking this course and her confidence (and behind the scenes knowledge of the science of cooking/baking) is amazing, actually better than my own. 



No matter what, homeschooling for us has instilled a life-long curiosity and actual LOVE of learning that is applied every single day. I cannot stress enough how amazed I am by her scope of interests and the "can do" attitude that accompanies her desires. She inspires me every day. 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!