Some of Zoey's Sketches...

Thursday, April 20, 2017


I am just smitten with her sketches as of late...loving them! These from a girl who dreaded art class when in public school. Who pretty much endured them due to having one art teacher who was not a nurturing and positive role model to her. Who actually asked her once if she was "proud" of a drawing and when she replied that yes, she was, the teacher took her paper, crumpled it up and threw it in the trash and told her to start over. Thankfully, the two years before we started this homeschooling journey she had a new and amazing art teacher who I feel started to build her confidence back. Anyways, to see my daughter having fun with art again and feeling free, is a remarkable thing.





Wishing you a creative rest of the week!

1 comment:

  1. I've been enjoying reading about your homeschooling journey! I started homeschooling my 7th grade daughter this year, too.

    I love Zoey's artwork, there is such a unique and beautiful feel to them!

    ReplyDelete