On My Homeschool Wish List

Monday, February 29, 2016


Thinking about homeschooling next fall has me perusing blogs, websites, catalogs, books and more trying to figure out what our curriculum will be. It's scary and FUN! I think we've narrowed down a core for math, history and language arts (more on that later) and now I'm trying to find things that we can tie in to the core or have as add-ons. I stumbled upon these fun journals by Anna Miriam Brown
and I think I want to get the travel dreams one for sure for Zoey since she loves learning about different places and travel and this would be a good way for her to journal while discovering a bit about the areas that interest her. I also want to get her the Creative Girls journal as well. It might be fun for some random journaling. I like that it's "library based" as she will be spending some time with me at the library when I work evenings next fall. Might be perfect for those days where she doesn't want to read or have specific research that she has to do. 


Another book from this same series is this one on multiplication. Zoey's struggle area is math and it's one of the reasons we're excited to homeschool, so that we can have a fresh start when it comes to math and hopefully relearn a few things to build a stronger foundation. We are hoping (I am pretty sure!) to use Math-U-See as our official math curriculum but I was thinking this workbook would be a nice addition for some "extra" work in place of drills or computer games, etc. I like that there is repetition throughout the book which is what she needs in this area.


I'll share more of what I'm thinking in the way of curriculum and what else is on our "wish list" as I have the time. 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!