Deciding to Homeschool

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Let me be the first to share with you that I never thought we would homeschool. My husband is a public school teacher, his mother was a teacher at a technical school, my sister teaches at a well known university, I have amazing friends that are teachers, I myself loved attending public school as a child and teen and truly just didn't even think about homeschooling as an option for our child until she started coming home from school talking about homeschooling...and asking if she could be homeschooled. 

[I had our specific reasons for homeschooling typed out but for the sake of privacy and in honoring those amazing teachers that she has had along the way, we are going to refrain from sharing those reasons here in this space. If you would like to talk to me about our reasons or email inquiries feel free to do so! The biggest reason that we are homeschooling now is because we simply WANT to!]


We are doing this!

We are all so excited and hopeful...I can't even tell you the energy that we are feeling here in this little house of ours. We are going to finish out the rest of this school year since we really only have about three months left but we are using this time and will be using this coming summer to gather our resources, and figure out our course of action for this coming fall. I feel like we've been thinking about this path for about three years now and it just feels like the right plan of action has finally presented itself. Am I terrified? Yes! But I am equal parts excited and honestly, if I wasn't feeling terrified than I would be worried that we weren't taking this idea of homeschooling seriously enough. I want the best for her and I am going to try and deliver it in a way that makes sense to her as a person and as a learner.


We are already slowly starting to change over our basement into a school room and I am looking over different teaching styles with Zoey to see what would be a good fit. The best part of all of this is that I know her! Inside and out and we already have an amazing relationship and an honest one. I know she is a hard worker and an eager learner. I can't wait to dig in to different materials with her.


This is our honest to goodness journey...I can't wait to share it with you!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!