Geography Project | Creating a Rain Stick

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

We've been so busy this week! Lots of fun projects happening around here, some planned and some that weren't, but all have been meaningful. Today I'm sharing a geography art project that was scheduled in Zoey's curriculum this week. She was to create a Brazilian rain stick. I had a real rain stick made of dried bamboo when I was a kid...my dad had brought it home from one of his art shows for me as a gift. I think it broke when I had a little boy over to babysit at some point during my teenage years...I remember that it was really cool though and I loved making the sounds of rainstorms with it. 

I was tickled to discover that Zoey got to make this for a project and even more tickled to discover that it actually sounded pretty good for being handmade and pretty simplistic in nature. Here are the details and her finished project...


Hope you're having a great week!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!